Translate

Sunday 27 July 2014

This is an old poem, but goes to the central question every person asks of God, be it the inner or outer deity we believe in: WHY?

This is an old poem, but goes to the central question every person asks of God, be it the inner or outer deity we believe in: WHY?

GOD'S SILENCE

God fell silent,
He did not speak.
And at that silence
Dark angels weep:
"Are thou so lofty God
Wilt thou not speak?"

But God was silent
And Darkness cried
"Even I, even I betray
My willful blindness
And witness this,
Where is thy
Outrage, oh God,
I beg thee speak!"

But God
Was shamed
And did not speak,
Could not,
Would not
Did not
Speak.

"If thou wilt
Not speak,
Oh God,
Bow thy head;
Show regret,
At least.
At least,
Oh God ,
I beg thee,
Weep."


Manuela Cardiga

1 comment:

  1. I believe he would still remain silent.

    ReplyDelete