Translate

Thursday 10 July 2014

I WENT LOOKING FOR SHOES AND FOUND MY FEET

I WENT LOOKING FOR SHOES  AND FOUND MY FEET

I went looking for shoes
That felt right:
Satin (bright red)
Or skin untimely ripped
From dead
Crocodilian smiles,
I paid no mind.

I went looking for shoes
That combined
With the varying shades
Of my fickle mood
And flattered me the way
A good shoe should.

I went looking for shoes
To dance and romance in,
And attend to business
More bitter than the
Transient flicker
Of love in my life.

I went looking for shoes:
High stilettos
Or low mules,
Slippers with ribbons
Sandals with crystals
Or odd heels
Shaped like pistols.

I went looking for shoes
And looking down
Saw the odd delicacy
Of toes budding
And wiggling with delight
Grasping at the ground.

Like Dr. Frankenstein
I proclaimed:
"It's alive, alive!"
I think the shoe-salesman cried...

Manuela Cardiga


No comments:

Post a Comment