Translate

Saturday 4 January 2014

Roman Phase - Empire: How rap-music brought about the end of the Julian/Claudian Line

WHY I GOT KICKED OFF THE TARDIS
AND ON MY BUTT BY DOCTOR WHO

I danced through the Empire.
And I suppose you could say
I tripped out
Over Julius Caesar's
Funeral pyre;
Oh! And that bit
Where Nero
Sung to his lyre?
And warmed
His chubby toes
To the fire...
That was just so cool!

I really admired
The guy, seriously!
I know he was cruel,
And had major issues
With his mum
And his poking her corpse
Was just sooooo gross?

But he was hip-hop
Beat happening
Before it was
"Hey man! What's hangin'?"

Look the guy was
Just that cool...
He had a groove.
That's all I'm sayin'.
It's not that I approve
Of his martyring dudes
And being cruel to animals?
(Feeding people to lions
Can't do them no good.
To the lions I mean,
But you gotta understand,
Nutrition wasn't a big deal
In Ancient Rome.)

I just liked him, is all.
I'd buy his record.
Nero Claudius Caesar
Rock on!

Manuela Cardiga

No comments:

Post a Comment